3.01.2010

Not so good at blogging

Well, I think we (you and I) have figured out that I'm not so good at blogging. I'm not sure why that is but I will try to be better. I have also come to terms that my blog will be simple as I'm not really sure how to do everything! (If anyone knows how to do a slide show...)

November 2009 was quite a month. My husband decided to ride his 4-wheeler too fast around a corner rolling his 4-wheeler. He was in the desert by himself at 7pm at night. Yes... He had called me when he parked and said he was going riding. I then got a call 20 min later from him. Call after call, bad reception after bad reception I finally got a hold of him. He said that he had an accident and knew he broke his collar bone again. He didn't remember anything, where he was, what date it was or where he parked. I called 911 and they said in order to trace his phone he needed to call them. He did call them (even though he doesn't remember calling them) in the meantime the cops and I were looking for him where I thought he would be and he ended up being in a different area. By the time I made it to where he was he had ridden back to his vehicle (doesn't remember that either). He was taken to the hospital by an ambulance. He ended up having 3 broken ribs, punctured a lung, cracked a lower vertebrae, broken index finger, and broken collar bone (same one that he broke 4 times prior). He ended up having surgery on his collar bone. The Dr. said she could put 3 fingers width between the broken bones. He had a metal plate screwed into his collar bone. He is doing really well now about 95%. His 4-wheeler is still in bad shape. I asked him if he learned from it and he said 'probably well I just won't go "that" fast.' I've got to invest in body armor for this man!!

After the accident before surgery. You can see how much shorter the break makes his shoulder and how much it is sticking out. We're lucky it wasn't a compound fracture!

After the surgery.



We are a proud parents of a ONE YEAR OLD! I can't believe it. She is growing up way too fast! We had a "valentine" theme for her party. It turned out really well. We had friends and family there! What more could you ask for?! She had a lot of fun and got a lot of fun things. We got lots of books and some fun toys too. She has a book in each hand most of the time. She loves books. She is such a busy body. She is loving the outside and cries when it's time to come inside. We don't have a backyard, just rocks. She has been collecting rocks and putting them in her little "purse". I find them everywhere. Luckily I haven't vacuumed one up yet... She is talking so much. She signs and says 'more', water, mama, dada, all done, this, hot, book, pants when you ask her what a dog says and growls when you ask her what a lion says. She likes to point or poke at your eye since we are working on learning our body parts. She has been getting her 12 month molars. All 4 at once I might add so she is not a happy camper lately. We are just waiting for the last one to poke through. We have so much fun together. I am so blessed to be able to be at home with her and teach her and constantly watch her grow. We just love her so much.











I've been having this itch to be crafty. I have been wanting to get a spring wreath for my front door. I have seen some that I liked but of course they have been highly priced. I went to the craft store to see if they had anything and I saw a wreath that I liked. Price $99.00. Yeah right... so I wandered around the flowers and started collecting some that were similar to the wreath I had seen. All the flowers were 50% mind you and I was feeling gutsy so I bought the items needed to decorate a wreath. I did it! I really like it and it turned out great and I even had fun doing it! Wreath wanted $99.00, wreath made $35.00, time enjoyed PRICELESS. YEY!

Wreath Wanted

Wreath Made


I have been reading a self-help book. Stay Home, Stay Happy 10 Secrets to Loving at Home Motherhood by Rachel Campos-Duffy.

It has been a boost for me. I am not saying that I wasn't or am not happy staying at home. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. This book helps you be a better mom and helps you to be able to laugh instead of cry. Rachels talks about taking care of you, the mom, sprititually, mentally and physically. How important it is that you take care of yourself and how important it is that you have a great support system at home (ie. your husband). I really liked her mommy motto "Doing small things with great love" by Mother Teresa. It is a really nice reminder that big things don't really matter it's the little things done with great love that make the difference. That is what a mom does. Notes in lunchboxes, goodnight prayers, tons and tons of kisses, reading books, hugs and more hugs. It has made me love and appreciate my "job" just that much more.

Until next time. Take Care!







1 comment:

  1. Love the birthday party! Sorry I missed it. I was busy being really sick... It looks like it was a blast!

    Beautiful wreath too! I wish I had a more creative look on things. It seems to come and go. I guess it's gone more than here... :)

    Love your cute family!!

    ReplyDelete